Nokia 6230i

Questions concerning the installation and the configuration of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Nokia 6230i

Postby Etinfo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:10 pm

It's me again!

I hadn't time to write earlier. It looks like FoxyTag does still have a problem. After starting FoxyTag it asks me to use Bluetooth and after that it's connecting successfully to the Garmin nüvi 660 (Garmin shows the mobile phone on the display and I can make phone calls over it). But FoxyTag remains with the screen with the FoxyTag(beta) logo and the message "Verbindung am GPS..." which means "Connecting the GPS...". After a while 20-60 seconds, the program shuts down and the GPS is disconnected. No information like UTC date, speed or heading is showing. FoxyTag says just "no data...".

I downloaded the FoxyTag 0.4.2 again... same result.

What's the problem? Can you help me again, please?

Thanks
Etinfo

Nokia 6230i and Garmin nüvi 660

Postby Munja » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:20 am

Hello,

it seems that you are doing all well when you try to use FoxyTag. I'm glad if i can help a super-user that follows installation procedure like you :D

It must be a problem between FoxyTag and your GPS.

We didn't have this GPS to personaly adapt FoxyTag for it.

I can't be shure what is exactly the problem but we know that FoxyTag can have better bluetooth connectivity. It will be implemented in next releasee of FoxyTag.

Untill that i'll see with Foxy if we can send you a test application wich can only connect GPS and show GPS datas. This module is better for bluetooth and you can be shure after that if next version of FoxyTag will work well with your GPS.

I'll send you a personal message with test version if you are interested.
--- FoxyTest & FoxyTag Developer ---
Mobiles: Nokia 6680 - SE S700i
FoxyTest Team: Munja & Telko
Munja

Re: Nokia 6230i and Garmin nüvi 660

Postby Etinfo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:01 am

Munja wrote:Hello,

it seems that you are doing all well when you try to use FoxyTag. I'm glad if i can help a super-user that follows installation procedure like you :D

It must be a problem between FoxyTag and your GPS.

We didn't have this GPS to personaly adapt FoxyTag for it.

I can't be shure what is exactly the problem but we know that FoxyTag can have better bluetooth connectivity. It will be implemented in next releasee of FoxyTag.

Untill that i'll see with Foxy if we can send you a test application wich can only connect GPS and show GPS datas. This module is better for bluetooth and you can be shure after that if next version of FoxyTag will work well with your GPS.

I'll send you a personal message with test version if you are interested.

Yes, please do so. My email address is shown now, so you can contact me personally.
By when can we expect approximately the next release?
Etinfo

same problem!!!!!

Postby zmeier » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 pm

hello Munja, hello Etinfo,

it seems i have the same problem with an adapt ad 5oo gps-reciever.

I got connected with the reciever, I also can use the "compass" and the "geschwindigkeit", but if i try to start foxytag, it follows:

screen with the FoxyTag(beta) logo and the message "Verbindung am GPS..." which means "Connecting the GPS...". After a while 20-60 seconds, the program shuts down and the GPS is disconnected. No information like UTC date, speed or heading is showing. FoxyTag says just "no data...".

please help...

thanks
zmeier
________
Ford Model A Specifications
Last edited by zmeier on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zmeier

Postby Telko » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:53 pm

Garmin nüvi 660 and co are not transmitting gps coord via bluetooth, you can just use their embded bluetooth chip for voice communications!

That's the reason why you don't receive gps data via bluetooth from your gps.
--- FoxyTest Developer ---
Mobiles: SE K750i - Motorola E1000
FoxyTest Team: Telko & Munja
Telko

Return to Installation and configuration