Audi MMI and Nokia E90

Questions concerning the installation and the configuration of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Audi MMI and Nokia E90

Postby balcazar » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:48 pm

I've an Audi MMI navigator and a Nokia E90.
I can use Audi Navigator and Foxy Tags on Nokia.
Problem is that sounds of Nokia don not run when it's connected via bluetooth with Audi system so I can't heard radar alarm.
I Should drive watching Nokia screen but it's not so comfortable and I risk to avoid speed radar and get police offense because distraction while driving.
Any suggestion or tips to resolve this issue?
balcazar

Postby Foxy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi,

- What about the test alarm, do you hear something?
- Can you set the volume somewhere on your phone, and is it set to the maximum?
- Of course, your mobile is not in the "silent" mode? (sorry to ask, but we already have had this case)
Foxy
Site Admin

Foxy and Phone Nokia connected in bluetooth with the car

Postby BV » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:24 pm

I got the same problem with my phone, a nokia E65.
When I am in my car, the phone is conncected to the hand free kit by bluetooth and the mike and the speaker of the nokia iare desactivated.
So the foxy alarm is not audible.
There is no way on the car or on the phone to prevent it, but to desactivate the hand free kit.
However, when I receive a call, the ring of the phone is active.
How can I have Foxy and The Handfree kit coexist?
Thank You and excuse my poor english.
BV
BV

Postby Foxy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:44 pm

What about other applications, like amAze or Nav4All? Can you hear the voice instructions while having your hand free kit connected? If yes, I should be able to adapt FoxyTag. If not, I'm afraid that it won't be possible :(
Foxy
Site Admin

Foxy and Phone Nokia connected in bluetooth with the car

Postby BV » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:08 am

Je réponds en français, car j'ai vu que vous le comprenez...

Lorsque le Nokia E65 est connecté par Bluetooth à la voiture, il devient silencieux, quelque soient les applications qui voudraient émettre un son, sauf la sonnerie, lors d'un appel entrant.
Par contre, lorsque je suis en communication, j'entends l'alarme Foxy sur les HP de la voiture.

Merci de votre réponse.
BV

Postby Foxy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:23 pm

Then, I do not thing there is a solution :(

@BV: Yes I understand French, but the majority of reader speaks English. And do not worry about your English, it is sufficient to be undersood in forums. :wink:
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Passo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi guys!
I have a problem with the MMI in my A8, I’ve just bought this car, and maybe I am doing something wrong, I can not bond my NOKIA e90 with the Bluetooth car kit. When I am searching for Bluetooth devices, my nokia is finding Audi phone, I am tapping in 1234, than the same code in the MMI and that is it. Nothing more is happening. Telephone says “unable to connect”.
Can you help me?
Passo

Postby Foxy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:32 am

And... the link with FoxyTa is???
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby joetraff » Tue May 04, 2010 12:45 pm

I can't hear the foxy alarms while as my phone's speaker is getting deactivated.
I 'm using nokia E65.
Though I'm not having any problem connecting it with the blue tooth car kit
but the foxy alarms are not working.
please help me out.
joetraff

Postby Foxy » Tue May 04, 2010 8:10 pm

You can't use FoxyTag when your mobile is connected to another sound device, like your bluetooth car kit. FoxyTag is developped in Java and this prevents any access to the hardware. So it is out of control. :(
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby JamesSimon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:06 am

so the general problem here is that FoxyTag won't let the connection of mobile phones and bluetooth devices from your car. or does it connect but won't work? either way, there is the problem. is there any way this can be fixed? as i am curious on how this can work, and maybe i can try out some of this system out.

thanks.
JamesSimon

Postby brclarke » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Foxy wrote:What about other applications, like amAze or Nav4All? Can you hear the voice instructions while having your hand free kit connected? If yes, I should be able to adapt FoxyTag. If not, I'm afraid that it won't be possible :(

I once used amAze for my Nokia E90, and also couldn't hear the voice instruction while the hands free is connected. But wouldn't it be great if you can make both work? how come it's not possible?
brclarke

Re: Audi MMI and Nokia E90

Postby lindamiller40 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:07 am

Guys, allow some time to fix it up, every software has limitation but good thing is 'open source' makes it possible to expand any thing around. Expecting high from FoxyTag. Time to upgrade, it mate.
lindamiller40

Return to Installation and configuration