Download latest version from PC web browser

Questions concerning the installation and the configuration of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Download latest version from PC web browser

Postby delta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:19 am

Hi,

I am intending to use FoxyTag, but would prefer to download the latest version with my PC and transfer it via bluetooth to my phone. Is there a link for this? All I could see were the express links for the old versions. If I try and download the latest link I only get the .jad file.

I installed version 0.6.2 by this method and it seems to run ok (although I have no GPS or data plan yet, I wanted to see what it was like).

The data costs of my phone provider are expensive, the plan I was looking at getting only allows 3 MB per month before they start to charge per MB. The next plan allows 15 MB but is twice the cost. I don't think I will use anywhere near 15 MB per month given the average data amount you mentioned in one post.

Thanks
delta

Postby Foxy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:02 pm

- You can get the files via http://www.foxytag.com/rel/0.7.1_and_0. ... guages.zip

- 3 MB ??? You are driving 7/7 24/24 ??? I do not thing you will need a 15 MB plan. However, some operators charge you a minimum number of bytes at each connection. Just check how much your operator does.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby delta » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the link. Is it a special zip format? I can download it but not open it. I have tried downloading a few times and tried two zip programs.

I will not be driving 24/7! So will get the 3 MB plan and see how it goes.
delta

Postby Foxy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:35 pm

No, it was a FTP transfert error. :oops:

Now it should work correctly.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby delta » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 am

It's working, now I have to choose a GPS receiver.

Thanks
delta

Return to Installation and configuration