help please - with registration

Questions concerning the installation and the configuration of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

help please - with registration

Postby jelsom » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:15 pm

hello guys, i installed aCamScan on my iphone, clicked the register link put in all my registration details, sent the text...no e-mail for over 3 days... how do i get this sorted out so i can use it properly? any help greatly appreciated!
jelsom

Postby Foxy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:17 am

The most probable reason is that we haven't received any SMS from you, and the SMS service was working well the last few days. Either you entered the wrong number to send the SMS (the correct number is +41793816010) or you haven't entered correctly your own number in the formulary (check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_calling_code for your international code and then send yourself a SMS in order to check the full number), or the text you sent wasn't correctly formatted (note also that the temporary code that you send by SMS changes each time you complete the initial formulary).

The second most probable reason is that you cannot receive the email we send you in return, either because you entered it wrong in the formulary or because it was considered as SPAM by your computer (check your SPAM folder).

Remember also that the login/password you use for the forum cannot be used directly in the application, you need to obtain your data via the download page in http://www.foxytag.com.

Please try to register again.
Foxy
Site Admin

Registration

Postby Dremer2009 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:50 pm

I have sent a few sms messages and never had a Username and password sent to me any help pls????
Dremer2009

Postby Foxy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 am

Send me a PM with your email and phone number and I'll check the logs.
Foxy
Site Admin

I tried and tried still no reply

Postby Dremer2009 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 am

I sent so many txt messages no luck with software login / password to be honest I may just get rid as I'm not gettin the email with my username / password as it's costing me on messages is it worth it? Or ru gonna give me my username / password??
Dremer2009

Postby Foxy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Send me a PM with your email and phone number and I'll check the logs. This will help us to find what was wrong and so you'll get your username/password. For security reasons, we do not send them by mail.
Foxy
Site Admin

No reply

Postby Dremer2009 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 am

:( I've had no reply when I pm you and no sign of username or password??
Dremer2009

Postby Foxy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:26 pm

FoxyTag doesn't have a hotline. :evil:
The system is completely self-managed, their are electronic trust engines that manage all the stuff. Human help is a plus, so please be patient.

You registered successfully and a mail has been sent to you. It means that we receive your SMS. Your mail has been checked and is correct too. We saw in the logs that you tries to register again and again. But, as explained at http://www.foxytag.com/en/faq.html , you can send a FOXYTAG rec SMS (and not FOXYTAG reg) in order to retrieved a lost password. And their is no FOXYTAG rec SMS at all providing from your number...

Please read the FAQ carefully and try again. You will probably get your data much faster doing so. :wink:
Foxy
Site Admin

Same thing

Postby bigdawgte » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:04 am

I too am having registration problems. It seems to me that SMS is not the best method of registration, because 1) it is not as universal/ubiquitous as email/web - the method that I usually use for sms is US domestic only; 2) Country code dialing issues (different carriers have different methods, at least here in the US) and 3) there is little or no feedback if you are having problems on SMS, at least not on my carrier, to figure out how to fix it.

Nonetheless, I have sent what I believe to be a correctly formatted registration SMS to Foxytag (as well as a recovery one) and I have gotten no response. Please assist.
bigdawgte

Postby Foxy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:42 am

The SMS system makes sure that a single user can register only once, which is necessary for the electronic trust engine that ensure the quality of the data.

The forum is here to help one another: we encourage people that registeed successfully to give here their hint here. We have more and more North Amercian people that register successfully, so let's hope that all the secrets will be found soon.
Foxy
Site Admin

Reg

Postby jono12345 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:32 pm

I too have yet to get an email... Is there a problem?

cheers

jono
jono12345

Postby Foxy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:35 pm

No, it seems to work fine
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Installation and configuration