Secret?

Questions concerning the installation and the configuration of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Secret?

Postby bigdawgte » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:00 pm

So there is some unpublished secret to getting registered? Shouldn't that be stated on the web page? That doesn't make much sense to me. Also, I see that you did not respond to my request for assistance. Does that mean you will not assist me in getting registered?
bigdawgte

Cont.

Postby bigdawgte » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Isn't there a more transparent and accessible means to make sure there are no duplicate registration? Also, some people have more than one cell phone - sms would do nothing to ensure that they would have non-duplicative registration.

Of course you have the right to determine that SMS is your means of registration; I just don't find your arguments very compelling, esp. in light of the problems I am having simply getting registered.
bigdawgte

Postby Foxy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:42 pm

True, you can have as many logins as you have cell phones. But it is usually quite limited... The problem with emails is that you can easily have as many as you want, and having several identities for a same person is a problem for FoxyTag's trust engines.

Do not hesitate to post your questions on the forum; people who have had similar problems are able to help you. Sending a SMS issue to me by mail is not very usefull, since for me it works well... :wink:

Good luck.
Foxy
Site Admin

Nokia N800/N810 - SpeedCamAlerter on Maemo Linux Tablets

Postby larryw4csc » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:02 am

What method of username/password registration will be used for those of us using Nokia N800/N810 Maemo Linux tablets, instead of sellphone nonsense? The only thing we use the sellphone for is a MODEM.

I'd like to register, but it can't send an SMS....(snif)

Thank you for any help you can give.
Larry
larryw4csc

N810

Postby bigdawgte » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah, I had the same thing, but I don't have a smartphone, so I intended to use foxytag on the app for Maemo (SpeedCam Alert?).
bigdawgte

Re: N810

Postby larryw4csc » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:39 pm

bigdawgte wrote:Yeah, I had the same thing, but I don't have a smartphone, so I intended to use foxytag on the app for Maemo (SpeedCam Alert?).

Yeah, SpeedcamAlert. I just downloaded it. I have two N800s under Diablo Maemo, loaded to the gills. Much better than sellphones all hobbled up. I use the USB adapters from Online Electronics that puts the tablet USB in host mode and tether to a Motorola Z6m on what was Alltel before the Borg (Verizon) showed up. Works great! Sure hope I can get a username/password for Foxytag. Software looks interesting on Maemo.

Admin - my Username/PW on this forum is fine for Foxytag....Can you just set it for us tablet owners that don't have SMS sellphones?
Larry
larryw4csc

Re: Nokia N800/N810 - SpeedCamAlerter on Maemo Linux Tablets

Postby jgombos » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:34 pm

larryw4csc wrote:What method of username/password registration will be used for those of us using Nokia N800/N810 Maemo Linux tablets, instead of sellphone nonsense? The only thing we use the sellphone for is a MODEM.

I'd like to register, but it can't send an SMS....(snif)

Thank you for any help you can give.

Here's a bug report on the issue:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/index. ... &atid=3246
jgombos

Return to Installation and configuration