Bug with Nokia 6230i

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Bug with Nokia 6230i

Postby BlueDragon » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:35 am

Hi Foxy

I just installed FoxyTag v0.4.2 on my Nokia 6230i but I experience programme or even handy crashes in following situation:

1) when I press 1 twice or thrice
2) when I press 0 twice or thrice

So for now I can only tag in my (driving) direction, nothing else. :(

Besides I fiddled a little around with the Menu Options>Application access>communication>network access and unfortunately there is no option to always allow the access. Besides if I select "Ask first time only" it crahes FoxyTag and partly the Nokia (e.g. the display turns out for about 10s) when starting the application (while trying to connect to the GPS (Holux GPSlim236)). The main idea behind it would be to be able to start FoxyTag by only having to press one button e.g. witout any other confirmation needed.

I also experience cell phone crashes (see above) while FoxTag tries to get GPS informations while no fix is available (indoor for instance).

Are you aware of these bugs and/or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for you help and the good work! :-)
BlueDragon

Postby BlueDragon » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:49 am

I also experience cell phone crashes (see above) while FoxyTag tries to get GPS informations while no fix is available (indoor for instance).

After having collected many hours experiences more with FoxyTag I can tell you that these cell phone crashes also happen when I am having a fix as well as an established data connection with the server. Sometimes power recycling the phone seems to help but not always as from time to time the crashes wont's stop anymore.

Another bug I'v noticed is that often FoxTag seems to hang for a while when displaying "searching for GPS..." though actually the connection to the GPS is up and running (if I get out to the menu and look für GPS I see all the stats working well!) so I guess it must be a problem when trying to put up the server connection. Somehow it seems that by moving (the car) the problem disappears whereas while I am waiting at the same place (mainly to get a quick GPS fix) it hangs.

I would be glad to have at least some comments about other users (or should I write in French?!?):

:?: :?: Y'a-t-il d'autres utilisateurs qui ont aussi des problèmes avec FoxyTag se plantant assez régulièrement c-à-d obligeant de redémarrer l'application Java ou encore restant accroché lors de l'initialisation GPS / GPRS voir même plantant le portable comme si on l'avait éteint et rallumé (sans qu'il redemande le PIN)?? (Dans mon cas: Nokia 6230i)

@ Foxy / Telko: A quand la prochaine révision (upgrade)?? Problème connu? :cry:
BlueDragon

Postby Foxy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:46 am

Telko and Munja: Log files are strange with this mobile. For instance it tries sometimes to make several initialisations, instead of one followed by a tag request... Please check and keep the forum informed, since there are currently other users with the same phone that are using the system.
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Bugs and suggestions