Suggestions

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Suggestions

Postby BlueDragon » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:08 am

Here some suggestions after a first trial of FoxyTag:

1) I would welcome a possiblity to set the alarm volume (maybe some later time according to the speed...) as apparently (at least on my Nokia 6230i) there is no way to influence it and it could be louder (ok, I like to listen my music very loud some times...) :oops:

2) A little "logical" change: In the GPS menu the central button should not be "Connect" but rather "Back" as it is in all the other menus and I don't see why I should want to connect again if I already got a connection up and running to my GPS device... :?

3) Same logical / consistent thinking for the central button in the FoxyTag menu which should be "Menu" or maybe "Exit" (of the Java Application) instead of "Alarm". What is the use of hearing the alarm sound while monitoring tags anyway??...

4) Another idea would be to implement a data counter which would show and save the quantity of ul/dl kb so one could better prepare for the next phone bill. :x

FoxyTag will become a great tool!

Thanks!!!
BlueDragon

Postby BlueDragon » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:44 am

And after many more hours of FoxyTag driving here one more important suggestion:

The option should be included to be warned somehow (alarm, beep or flashing light in the night mode if it happens to be implemented) when the GPS or the DATA (server) connection is lost (at present turning red) as there would be no greater frustration than beeing nicely pictured from face and back thinking that FoxyTag was up and running though actually it was *not* because there was a DATA or GPS (dead battery for instance) connection problem or simply a software crash in the meantime... :evil:
BlueDragon

Postby Foxy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:38 am

But then you have an alarm each time you enter a tunnel... And since you live in Switzerland, you probably agree that it happens often.
But why not put it as an option. I write it (as well as your other comments) in our suggestions list.
Thanks for your wrinting
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby BlueDragon » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:15 am

But then you have an alarm each time you enter a tunnel...

Yes and no... GPS indicates the state of the Bluetooth connection so the tunnels are not playing a part here. DATA may be influenced by tunnels but in many tunnels you still get the GPRS connection as they have apparently been equiped for the transmission of this type of frequencies!

Thanks for your reading! :)
BlueDragon

Postby Jelle » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Maybe we should implement an alarm/signal when the foxy data gets out of range, or stale, like when it should be reloaded but can't be reloaded?
Jelle

Postby Foxy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Feel free to do it!
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Jelle » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Foxy wrote:Feel free to do it!

:)
Done. Testing already.
Jelle

Return to Bugs and suggestions