Nokia N95

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Nokia N95

Postby Micric » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:15 pm

I have foytag installed on my N95 using the internal GPS. The GPS screen displays the Lat, Long and Alt but cannot get a compass baring or speed. Once the GPS has located itself the data transfers are fine but I do not receive any camera details. I also cannot place camera data either.

Any ideas ?
Micric

Postby Foxy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:47 am

Yes, you need to update your firmware for this phone. It is anyway a good idea since you will then get faster fix for other applications using your GPS. If it does not work, subscribe as a beta-tester, and we solve the problem together...
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Micric » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:00 am

I did the firmware upgrade but still have the same problems.

Heres hoping we can work out this problem.
Micric

Postby Foxy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:28 am

I'll contact you by mail and will send you some test programs in order to see where the problem is.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby ceesmf » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:55 am

Here the same problem, tested both versions
With external GPS in main screen the message appears "waiting for a fix"
while in the gps screen it shows a fix with 8 satellites.
Strange enough only two times a got the "real" main screen

with the internal version, i do not get any satellite data

PS got the latest fw from Nokia
ceesmf

Postby Foxy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:34 pm

Seems we have a problem with N95 :roll:

I currently work on 0.6. If you want, join our team of beta-testers. To do that, send me a mail at foxytagATcui.unige.ch. Your help is welcomed!
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby ceesmf » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:51 pm

Thanks for the quick reply
I Installed it on my N73 too, same problem
then I changed to an Emtac gps instead of the Haicom gps and it worked on both the N95 and N73, so there seems to be a compatibillity problem with the Haicom gps

I have sent you an email , would likt to have it running on my n95 with internal gps
ceesmf

Postby Foxy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:02 pm

Of course, we are going to solve this problem with N95. 8)
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Telko » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm

N95 is a very good choice, but we do not have that model in our lab, so testing will be a bit longer! So ALL N95 owners are very welcomed to send an email to the address indicated a few posts before by Foxy to make those early beta-tests.

Many thanks!
--- FoxyTest Developer ---
Mobiles: SE K750i - Motorola E1000
FoxyTest Team: Telko & Munja
Telko

Postby ceesmf » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Problem seemed to be fixed, without knowing the course of it
I get a fix now everytime, even in difficult circumstances; whether I have used the special test program or not
What I do experience now and then is a spontanious reset of the n95; this happens al the time when the "contacting server should appear ;This happened about 5 times on a total of about 20 starts

I noticed also that the version for the internal gps doesn't show the speed in the "main" screen; is this correct ?
ceesmf

Postby Foxy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:28 am

Thanks ceesmf for your tests.
Speed should appear aslo in the main screen. Please tell me:

1) Speed does not appear in the main screen but it appears in the GPS screen, in the Speedometer screen, an is accurate. Correct?

2) Your mobile restarts on average 25% of the time when you start the application, but once it started correcty you can use the software as long as you want. Correct?

3) You see the speed cameras, you are correctly warned 15 seconds before crossing it, and you are able to post new speed cameras. Correct?

We have quite a lot of N95 users. So, if one of you sees this messages, he is welcomed to answer this three questions as well. Thanks for you contributions!
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby ceesmf » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks Foxy,

1) speed does not appear in GPS screen , in static mode, not moving it says Null , same for the heading
In the test applet you send me it says NaN (also Heading)
2) correct

3)Do'nt see the camera's; there's one within 200 meters from my home; which showed up when testing with my n73

I did the following
removed the application, restarted the phone, reinstalled the software with same results

Additional info : on the n95 i have used both versions (int/ext gps)
with external no problems; maybe there is something i have to remove from the phone because of these two versions ?
ceesmf

Postby Foxy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:18 pm

:arrow: N95 users, we need your help.

It seems that lots of N95 users have an application that does not work properly.

Please, test the two following apps and tell us your results:

- N95_1.zip schould give you the latitude, the longitude, the speed and the heading each time you press the button. Does it work? If no, what happens?

- N95_2.zip schould give you continuously (automatic update) the latitude, the longitude, the speed and the heading. And when you press "Result", it should write "OK". Does it work? If no, what happens, and what is written in the result screen?

Thanks a lot in advance for the time you spend to the success of FoxyTag. :wink:
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Foxy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:08 am

FoxyTag 0.5.7 (internal GPS) has been released. Thank you very much ceesmf and Micric for all the tests you did. The precision and the quality of your responses allowed me to develop blindely (without having the phone) this new version. :D
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Micric » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 am

Any time.
Micric

Next

Return to Bugs and suggestions