REQ: Suggestion to differ mobile and stationary speed traps

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

REQ: Suggestion to differ mobile and stationary speed traps

Postby Hogo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:28 am

Hello,

i have a request to make foxytag a better tool.

It is important to differ stationary and mobile speed traps. Why?
Mobile speed traps are temporary. So, a good user who register a mobile speed trap gets a bad score if an other user i.e. 3 hours later say no there is no speed trap. Both are correct! It is very important that there is no negative influence to the first users score, otherwise he won't register any more speed traps.

Therfore it might be useful to register mobile speed traps with an other code. So I can decide if I want a notification for mobile speed traps or not.

It is useful to get speed trapping places in general, because at least in germany not an every place speed trapping is allowed, only on special places with certain conditions. For me and other users it would very interesting to get an notification, although there is no speed trap at the moment. Mainly because at the moment there are not enough foxytaggers on the way to get a full coverage at every hour.

Besides foxytag is a great tool

Holger
Hogo

Re: REQ: Suggestion to differ mobile and stationary speed tr

Postby Foxy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:05 pm

Hogo wrote:It is very important that there is no negative influence to the first users score, otherwise he won't register any more speed traps.

Our trust engine takes care of such situations. It is true that there are some very specific situations where your trust value is decreased even if you behave correctly. But, it is computed that there are far more chances to increase your value while signiling, confirming or deleting a camera. So, do not worry about that: If you participate honestlly, your trust relationships with the others will increase.

Hogo wrote:Therfore it might be useful to register mobile speed traps with an other code. So I can decide if I want a notification for mobile speed traps or not.

It is useful to get speed trapping places in general, because at least in germany not an every place speed trapping is allowed, only on special places with certain conditions. For me and other users it would very interesting to get an notification, although there is no speed trap at the moment. Mainly because at the moment there are not enough foxytaggers on the way to get a full coverage at every hour.

Good remark, thanks.

Are they other people that share this opinion?
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Telko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:51 pm

Absolutely, something like a red dot for a fix speedtrap, and a blue or orange
for the mobile ones, that you can add with another number.

1 = add a new record
1..1 = add a new record in the other way

2 = add a new mobile record
2..2 = the other way

0 = delete the nearest record

PS: Foxy, as soon as i clear the midi story, why not calling a midi1.mid and midi2.mid or x1.wav and x2.wav to differentiate the mobile and fix speedtraps...
--- FoxyTest Developer ---
Mobiles: SE K750i - Motorola E1000
FoxyTest Team: Telko & Munja
Telko

Postby Foxy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:53 am

I am still waiting for other advices.

Remember, the first version differentiated fix a mobile speed cameras and users complained about the "complexity"...
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby troja » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:27 pm

Don't use the buttons 1 and 2 - they are to near to each other to be successfully distinguished while driving. 1 and 3 would be better because they usually reside next to the phone's edge and therefore can be best selected blindly.

Besides, I think - if introducing mobile cameras - you should consider changing the button functions completely.

Suggestion:

1 - Mobile
1.1 - Fixed

3 - Mobile other direction
3.3 - Fixed other direction

Other direction might be too complicated so maybe even better:

1 - Fixed
1.1 - Mobile

3 - Other direction (fixed & mobile)

Or even better: Fixed cameras should ONLY be entered if not already existing in DB. Because otherwise, at least in Zurich, you would have to be non-stop on the phone. :-)

1 - Mobile Camera or not registered fixed
3 - Other direction (not registered fixed & mobile)

I think that's definitely the best way with usability in mind and it's programatically possible. It's just a matter of code on the backend.

Regards
troja

Postby Snoopy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:23 pm

It is a good idea and very useful to differ stationary and mobile speed traps with another code.
I am waiting for this function, and i hope it will be soon.

:D
Snoopy

Postby Telko » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:31 pm

troja: We are currently thinking about the way to integrate mobile speed traps.

So with your anwser, how can you differ a mobile and new fixed speedtrap??
But you are right about the space between 1 and 2, they are too close.

Now we try to keep it as simple as possible, so we wait a little to see if there comes some other cool tricks.

Keep posting!
--- FoxyTest Developer ---
Mobiles: SE K750i - Motorola E1000
FoxyTest Team: Telko & Munja
Telko

Postby troja » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:41 pm

@ Telko

As I said, it's just a matter of code and the used algorithms.

I would do it something like this: A new speed trap (unimportant if fix or mobile) gets registered as a mobile speed trap. If it doesn't get unregistered within a certain amount of time (2-3 days) by some people pressing the 0-button, the system changes it automatically to be a fixed speed trap.

That way you only need the two functions "register/unregister speedtrap" with the direction options. That's a lot less complexity.

Besides that, I think the direction option can be left out, too, because I just don't think it will be used too much.

Regards,
Troja
troja

1, 3 and 0

Postby Majo64 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:00 pm

Hello all together
I tried foxytag in Zürich and many of the stationary speed traps were already indicated. But I agree that the must be a differentiation of the kind of trab. Speed-, traffic light, or mobile control. Speed- and traffic light traps are mostly stationary and after my opinion it doesn't matter, if it charged or not or on witch side of the road he is. The most important is to know, that there is a trap, and you have to be careful. I think, it is a good idea to use only the 1, 3 and 0-buttons. But my suggestion is to use the one button for the fixes and the 3 button for the mobile controls. The only difference in the appearance is the color, and the mobile ones would be erased from DB after 4-6 hours, if nobody pushes the 3-button in the meantime.
Regards Majo64
Majo64

Return to Bugs and suggestions