update speed

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

update speed

Postby bartman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi,

I'm running foxytag on a Blackberry 8800 (internal gps) and it seems to me that the screen is updating too slow.
A radar is correctly identified on the outer circle, but by the time you make it to the radar it still hasn't moved and therefore the audible alarm goes off too late.
Any chance of increasing the update speed?

Also the screen goes into standby as soon as you interact (like confirm a radar) with the program. As long as you don't interact the screen remains active, but as soon as you do the standby option of the phone takes over.
bartman

Postby Foxy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi,

Perhaps the problem relies on the fact that the GPS does not send information frequently enough.
Please go to the GPS display, and check the current time; does it update every second?
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby bartman » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:01 am

GPS display doesn't display time...
bartman

Postby Foxy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:06 pm

OK... Then what about the speed in the same display? Start the apps and let it run about 5 minutes. Go then in the GPS display, and check the speed. What happens when you suddently move fastly, does the speed changes accordingly?
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby bartman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:11 am

Ran some further tests:

1. The speed doesn't update immediately, it takes 10-15 secs for it to update

2. When the speed drops below 15km/h the speed indication in the foxytag window becomes red.

Any further suggestions?
bartman

Postby Foxy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:04 pm

bartman wrote:1. The speed doesn't update immediately, it takes 10-15 secs for it to update

OK, then the GPS updating does not function well on BB. I do not have a BB to make tests, so the only solution is to visit Johi's blog ( http://foxytag.blog.de/ ) and try to find a solution with them. Or to wait a version that supports BBs...

bartman wrote:2. When the speed drops below 15km/h the speed indication in the foxytag window becomes red.

This is normal, it just means that you do not drive fast enough to post a new tag (the heading is no enough precise anymore).
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby lafay » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem descripted by Bartman, on a BB 8310 (integrated GPS too). I even tried the version on the Johi's blog, and the issue is still present. I use even other applications using GPS (Nav4All, Amaze), and I have a practically instantaneous updating rate...

So, what is the matter? Is it possible there is a special parameter to configure in the personal profile (Flash delay, flash time, etc.), causing this problem?

Many thanks.
lafay

Return to Bugs and suggestions