Common Mobile Camera Locations

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Common Mobile Camera Locations

Postby delta_foxtrot » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Please forgive me if this has come up, but I wasn't able to easily search for mobile anything because of the usage on mobile phones :)

Am I right in assuming the current system doesn't do anything in terms of warning people about mobile cameras that are no longer there even if the spot is a common one for the mobile cameras to be at?

There is only 3 or 4 common locations the police like to hide while doing mobile speed camera traps, and this is along a section of some fairly major highway so people travel along it from some fairly long distances from here and are not aware of these common hidy holes, is there kind of semi-warning method to alert of possible hot spot locations like this for tourists and anyone travelling alike?
delta_foxtrot

Re: Common Mobile Camera Locations

Postby Foxy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 am

delta_foxtrot wrote:Am I right in assuming the current system doesn't do anything in terms of warning people about mobile cameras that are no longer there even if the spot is a common one for the mobile cameras to be at?

No.

delta_foxtrot wrote:There is only 3 or 4 common locations the police like to hide while doing mobile speed camera traps, and this is along a section of some fairly major highway so people travel along it from some fairly long distances from here and are not aware of these common hidy holes, is there kind of semi-warning method to alert of possible hot spot locations like this for tourists and anyone travelling alike?

Yes, they are called "ghosts" or "ghost tags" in FoxyTag. Read the user's guide please.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby delta_foxtrot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:52 am

Sorry, I did see that but it didn't click with me for some reason, oh well, great in any case, pity I'm not driving so much these days or I'd be filling up your database at every op available, although I am going down the highway today so will be keeping my eye out for the buggers as usual.
delta_foxtrot

Return to Bugs and suggestions