Foxytag 1st use and suggestions

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Foxytag 1st use and suggestions

Postby laurentg0 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi Foxytag community,

I tried "for real" Foxytag (TrackerTag) last week-end on a 1500km trip.
I did not encounter mobile camera (nice week-end :lol: )

1st suggestion : Fixed cameras are often tagged twice, it would be nice to automatically remove too close cameras.

2nd suggestion : It would be very nice to count how many Foxytag users drove the same road since one hour.

Long life to FoxyTag

Laurent
laurentg0

Re: Foxytag 1st use and suggestions

Postby Foxy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 am

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

laurentg0 wrote:1st suggestion : Fixed cameras are often tagged twice, it would be nice to automatically remove too close cameras.

That's not normal. Perhaps a user had a problem with is app. Did you canceled the cameras that wasn't posted correctly? If yes, the problem will be solved by itself. If not, could you please indicate me where it was (coordinates) ?

laurentg0 wrote:2nd suggestion : It would be very nice to count how many Foxytag users drove the same road since one hour.

Yes, but not easy to do. FoxyTag doesn't really locate its users, so we do not really know where you are (except when you tag).

Enjoy your WE, and drive a lot. :)
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby laurentg0 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 pm

That's not normal. Perhaps a user had a problem with is app. Did you canceled the cameras that wasn't posted correctly? If yes, the problem will be solved by itself. If not, could you please indicate me where it was (coordinates) ?

I apologize, but I didn't cancel any camera and I don't remember exactly where were the cameras but you can track my trail :wink:
Yes, but not easy to do. FoxyTag doesn't really locate its users, so we do not really know where you are (except when you tag).

Yes, it's not only a matter of UI, and the main work should be on the server side. Do you consider, releasing Foxytag under open source licence in order to benefit from the software community

Regards

Laurent
laurentg0

Postby Foxy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 am

That was a long trip. So we'll the trust engine to do his work and cancel the "doubled" cameras.

No, FoxyTag won't go open-source. However, a client can be, if someone wants to develop one. :-)
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Bugs and suggestions