Where to buy a cheap Bluetooth GPS?

Everything that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Where to buy a cheap Bluetooth GPS?

Postby Foxy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:50 am

Most of you bought their GPS at Expansys, since it was a few times ago the easiest and cheapest way to get one. But now, we find more and more Bluetooth GPS in shops. It would be nice to list them using this little form (here completed with a fictive example):

- Shop: Medio Morkt
- Device: GPS BT-123
- Price: 30 €
- Recommanded: Yes
- Report: Works well with FoxyTag, but needs on average 2 minutes to get the first fix (cold start).

Thank you in advance for your contribution.
Last edited by Foxy on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby fdoctz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:24 pm

- Shop: Ebay
- Device: Holux GPSlim 240
- Price: EUR 70.-
- Report: Works well with FoxyTag, cold start 1-2 min., very small

Now available for around USD 50.-

Ebay auctions for Holux GPSlim 240
fdoctz

Re: Where to buy a cheap Bluetooth GPS?

Postby waldgeist » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:39 am

- Shop: eBay
- Device: DiMP3
- Price: ~60 €

I'm using this GPS mouse in conjunction with a Nokia 9500 Communicator. Works well and connects quite fast.

Does notwork well inside buildings (as most other GPS mice), but works quite good in planes (if placed next to the window) and many trains. I tested train connectivity in Germany, Austria, and Spain. Connections in Germany and Austria were ok, but I did not get any connection in local trains around Madrid.

I use this GPS mouse mostly for tracking my bike tours. For this purpose, it is very good, since it is small and can be used a whole day long without recharging. And it also works if it is placed in a bike bag.

I could not test it together with Foxtag, though, because Foxytag crashes my Nokia 9500 after connecting to GPS. But the connection itself seems to work. I don't think the GPS mouse is to blame.
waldgeist

Postby humphry » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:23 pm

-Shop: www.steiger-stiftung.de
-Device: ?? it looks like OnCourse
-Price: 69€
-Recommended: YES

It comes together with ActivePilot navigation software. A "pay per route" prepaid navigation software with several interesting features like: Emergency call with localization, technical help (ADAC) with localization, local phonebook etc. Because it calculates the route on the ActivePilot Server, you don't need to update anything (never buying new Navigation CD's). You will be everytime and everywhere up to date. As far as I know it works all over Europe. I have very good experiences.
humphry

Postby AndyR » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:58 pm

UK GPS Receivers

I use the PNX receiver from Microdirect - it works perfectly with my K800i :D and is very compact.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productlister.aspx?n=5,27&n=116

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=439220

Both do mail order.

Keep up the good work Foxy !!
AndyR

Return to Miscellaneous