Speed cameras in Poland

Everything that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Speed cameras in Poland

Postby mqbiak » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Foxy: you have had a good idea with your application. Congratulations. And good luck with your PhD thesis.

There is a system for speed cameras in Poland, embedded in a navigation software, which looks very similar to yours. It is called NaviExpert.

See:
http://www.naviexpert.com/products/navi ... adars.html

I've been using it for quite some time, and contributing to it, too. It seems to work fine. And it is embedded in navigation, like I said.

Cheers,
--
Marek
mqbiak

Postby Foxy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Yes, I 've heard of this system, which seems to be quite good (even if limited to Poland). I'm wondering how their trust engine works, since this is the key point in FoxyTag.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby mqbiak » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:46 pm

[quote="Foxy"]I'm wondering how their trust engine works, since this is the key point in FoxyTag.[/quote]

They don't say much about it on their web-page. Even the Polish version of the page (which seems to be rather more up-to-date) does not mention any specifics, except that "the system evaluates the reliability of users" and "a camera warning appears only after a number of reliable reports".

It looks like a company secret.
--
Marek
mqbiak

Postby Foxy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 am

OK, then try to delete all their cameras and see if they are able to catch you :lol:
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous