help about server connection

Questions concerning the use of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

help about server connection

Postby alefoxy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:17 pm

I have a BB 8100 with an external bluetooth GPS.
I have installed FoxyTag available in http://foxytag.blog.de blog.

It run and locates the bluetooth GPS, speed indicator and the others gps functions are ok, but it doesn't connect to the server. I have tried to select "general server" and the others, but it doesn't connect.

I have disabled the firewall.

I'm an italian user and I have TIM operator; the connection is ok: I browse web pages and I send/receive mail.

Can you help me?

Alessio
alefoxy

Postby Foxy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:11 pm

Even if your Internet settings are OK for web and mail, it doesn't mean that it is also the case for Java applications (they use specific parameters). You need to get from your operator the right parameters. See the download section, and try an application like http://www.amazegps.com/ (which is also Java) to check if it works.

Good luck.
Foxy
Site Admin

Tested amazegps

Postby alefoxy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:25 am

I have tested the software available in http://www.amazegps.com/ site.. It doesn't works: it doesn't connect as foxytag :(
I have TIM operator, but I don't know the parameters neded for java applications.
In the BlackBerry menu I don't locate java options: I have opened only connection for foxytag and amazegps, but they doesn't work.

Have you any ideas?
Can you help me?

Alessio
alefoxy

Postby Foxy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm

You really need to contact your operator. It will help for FoxyTag and amAze, but also for lots of other applications that are written in Java.
Good luck!

And... if you find a solution, please write it here so that other people can read it. Thanks.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby gmdl » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 pm

I have installed FoxyTag in my new company BB 8900. It connects well with the GPS and display the speed, location, etc, but it fails to connect to the server. I have tried Amaze, as suggested below and it works fine, so the issue does not seem to be with the connection to the network.

The issue may be in my company connection to the network. My company has access to the www.foxytag.com site blocked with Websense (as many other sites). Is it possible to configure FoxyTag to connect to a different server (that hopefully is not blocked)?

Thanks, gmdl
gmdl

Postby Foxy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Not yet. But amAze should integrate FoxyTag very soon, and they will use a different input server, so you will soon be able to use FoxyTag. :)
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Utilization