Being asked for subscription fee for using FoxyTag database

Questions concerning the use of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Being asked for subscription fee for using FoxyTag database

Postby Surfthenet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am

Hi, I'm using TrackerTag as an enhanced application to FoxyTag because it works faster and more reliable with my mobile (N95-2), also in standby mode. Up till now without problems, but now I received a message that FoxyTag charges TrackerTag users for accessing the DB and for that reason I need to pay a monthly subscription fee, else I will only receive demo data. To be precise, the fee asked for is not for using TrackerTag but is communicated as cost for connecting to the FoxyTag database. Is that correct? I allways thought use of FoxyTag is free of charge, at least according to the information on your website ... Can you please advise?
Surfthenet

Postby Foxy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:13 pm

This is correct. FoxyTag database is now very complete and precise and the system became commercial in order to maintain the same level of quality. For that reason, partners (like TrackerTag) pay a fee to help covering the costs incured by the system. The price is however decided by the partner itself, so that he can cover his own costs if he wants so. But he can also provide his application for free, if it is ads-funded or if the partner simply wants to promote his work.

So, as long as we have at least one free application, we will still promote FoxyTag as being a free, legal and collaborative system to signal speed cameras on mobile phones... :wink:

Best regards,
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby fdoctz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Foxy

Would be interesting to know how much money you are charging your partners....
fdoctz

Postby Foxy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi fdoctz,

No problem, the price is official: 0.002 € per hit to the server.
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Utilization