Report confirmation

Bugs or suggestions to improve FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

Report confirmation

Postby Benny » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 am

Hi, would it be possible to add a confirmation dialog after you have pushed a button to report or delete a trap?
The way it is now its way to easy to report a trap by a fault.
If you could get a pop up asking: "Push 1 for Stationary, 2 for Mobile, 0 for Delete or Cancel" then it would not be so easy to report in something by error.
And you would also get a second chance to do it right the first time, if you in the heat of the moment pushed 1 instead of 2 or something.

I think this would increase the quality of the database a lot, and it would be much easier to use the program correctly.
Benny

Postby Foxy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 am

Hi Benny,

Thank you for your message. Most of the people prefer to have only one button to push. But you are right, sometimes this could lead to a mistake. The solution consists in pressing the "*" button, which freezes the GPS data. Once freezed, you have as many time as you want to do the right action. So, if you have a doubt about an observation, just press "*". And if there were nothing to signal, press "*" again in order to unfreeze the GPS.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Benny » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:00 am

Ok but when you are stressed (as at least I get when I see police ;) its not so easy to do what you are supposed to do, you just push anything :)

Another thing (and maybe the most important) is that if you add something like this, then most of the false reports will be excluded.
Since it will not be enough to just hit one of the buttons by a mistake.
Or if you think you have another program running up front, and hit some buttons on purpose for that program while the screensaver are running.

+ I also think its best to have a second thought about most things, and especially things so important as speedcameras ;)
Benny

Postby Foxy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Benny wrote:Ok but when you are stressed (as at least I get when I see police ;) its not so easy to do what you are supposed to do, you just push anything :)

Each time you enter your car, repeat in your head 10 times: "If I have a doubt or if I see a speed camera, just press *. And then after the panic time, you press the right button. :wink:

Benny wrote:Another thing (and maybe the most important) is that if you add something like this, then most of the false reports will be excluded.
Or if you think you have another program running up front, and hit some buttons on purpose for that program while the screensaver are running.

:roll: :?: I'm not sure I understand what you mean... If you press by mistake the "*" button and there is nothing, just press the same button again in order to release the GPS. Nothing is sent in this case.

Benny wrote:+ I also think its best to have a second thought about most things, and especially things so important as speedcameras ;)

Exact, that's why we have a forum! :lol:
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby Benny » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:58 am

Benny wrote:Another thing (and maybe the most important) is that if you add something like this, then most of the false reports will be excluded.

Quote: :roll: :?: I'm not sure I understand what you mean... If you press by mistake the "*" button and there is nothing, just press the same button again in order to release the GPS. Nothing is sent in this case.

I have a multitask phone and a lot of the programs have shortcuts, like Maps when you are on a route the 1 button switch between 2D and 3D, nr 2 button store your location and 0 show your position.
A lot other programs have the same, I dont use the keyboard lock when I am out driving and if I think I know what program are running up front I just push the correct shortcut 2 times, the first one to shut of the screensaver and the second to select the wanted command.
If I then don't have the expected program up front, but FoxyTag instead it will mean trouble.

And the other day I managed to push the nr 2 button just by a fault when I wanted to pick up my phone.
All this would had been avoided if you had added a confirmation function.
And only at the expense of 1 extra button push, the few times you actually shall report anything.
Benny

Postby Foxy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:28 pm

I see. I took note of your suggestion and I wait now to other similar remarks in order to decide whether a confirmation button should be impemented or not.

Regards,
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby alwin_m » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 pm

I fully agree with Benny. Sometimes it is really hard to be precise on reporting. A new/unknown speedtrap pops up quite fast and unexpected and not that much time is left to pick up the phone, look at the keyboard and press the right keys.

Well, an "anykey mode" might be really a cool idea. If set, pressing any key is treated like pressing '*'. This would make things easier and reports more precise.
alwin_m

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:54 pm

OK I took note and will do a little survey to know how many people are sharing this opinion. Thank you for your suggestions.
Foxy
Site Admin

Return to Bugs and suggestions