iphone version ?

Questions concerning the installation and the configuration of FoxyTag.

Moderators: Angelo, shaban, knut

iphone version ?

Postby Maiku » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Is there a FoxyTag version for iPhone ?

That would be great !
Maiku

Postby shaban » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Sure there is a iPhone version
Have a look here
http://www.eyekiwi.com
shaban

eyekiwi

Postby alwin_m » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Glad to see the fox on the iphone 8)

As eyekiwi redirects to foxytag forum, shouldn't be there a separate eyekiwi thread?

I've bought eyekiwi from appstore and gave it a try. Well, seems there is still a long way to go to get comparable features than already available on j2me version (use of direction, reporting etc.). Does somebody know, if and how this port to iphone can be supported?
alwin_m

Re: eyekiwi

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:52 pm

alwin_m wrote:As eyekiwi redirects to foxytag forum, shouldn't be there a separate eyekiwi thread?

I prefer not, since we have different languages (would be to much to make n threads for each application) and since their is always a common part (FoxyTag!!!!) that contains the majority of questions (an EyeKiwi user for instance has more change to ask a question about FoxyTag in general than specifically for his application).

alwin_m wrote:I've bought eyekiwi from appstore and gave it a try. Well, seems there is still a long way to go to get comparable features than already available on j2me version (use of direction, reporting etc.). Does somebody know, if and how this port to iphone can be supported?

EyeKiwi will be improved and integrate all the FoxyTag RI functionalities, plus some extra...
Foxy
Site Admin

eykiwi

Postby alwin_m » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Ok, will check on appstore quite frequent :)

Again, if eyekiwi project would like to get some kind of support in alpha- or beta- testing just drop a private message.
alwin_m

Postby delta_foxtrot » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:10 pm

I've been told by 2 Americans I know that eyekiwi is missing/not accessible from the US itunes store?
delta_foxtrot

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Correct, since today FoxyTag has a good coverage only in Europe. But we are working hard in order to extend to the US and Canada, and EyeKiwi will probably be also be available in North Amercian stores once the quality of data is sufficient. We expect that in 2 or 3 months.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby delta_foxtrot » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Foxy wrote:Correct, since today FoxyTag has a good coverage only in Europe. But we are working hard in order to extend to the US and Canada, and EyeKiwi will probably be also be available in North Amercian stores once the quality of data is sufficient. We expect that in 2 or 3 months.

Why not make it available so people can give you that data now?

I sent more Australian fixed camera locations to the address on the participate page today as well, even though coverage is hardly there everyone I tell is excited and only too happy to add locations they drive past every day
delta_foxtrot

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Thank you for all your files, but I need to personnally check them to be sure that they are completely free to use and that I am allowed to feed FoxyTag with it. Takes a bit time. But if you have free data for the states, then yes, this could speed up the process a lot! Just send, indicate
where the data comes from, and a few times later it will be available to all FoxyTag compatible clients.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby delta_foxtrot » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Foxy wrote:Thank you for all your files, but I need to personnally check them to be sure that they are completely free to use and that I am allowed to feed FoxyTag with it. Takes a bit time. But if you have free data for the states, then yes, this could speed up the process a lot! Just send, indicate
where the data comes from, and a few times later it will be available to all FoxyTag compatible clients.

(shifted to the other thread)
Last edited by delta_foxtrot on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delta_foxtrot

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Yes, but it is a forum, so I gave a "generic" answer so that other people are motivated to post data as well 8) Of course, the data that you enter manually by travelling with Google street belongs to you, so if you offer them to FoxyTag then I will add it. :D

If you continue to send us data as fast as you do it now, then yes, FoxyTag will be deployed there. And once it is deployed, since it is collaborative, it usually goes very fast until we have almost all the speed cameras. That's at least what we observed for Europe.
Foxy
Site Admin

Postby delta_foxtrot » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

I started a new thread for the discussion of google maps/street view

Although I hope you release eyekiwi to US users, they don't care about lack of data as they will help you add it ;)
delta_foxtrot

Return to Installation and configuration